Title: The Bone Whistle
Author: K.B. Hoyle
Series: The Gateway Chronicles #6
Release Date: September 18, 2014
Goodreads - Amazon - Barnes and Noble - Kobo

Darcy burned with the pain of knowing she’d failed. What happened when a prophecy didn’t come true? It must not have been much of a prophecy in the first place. And if they couldn’t trust in that, then they couldn’t trust in anything at all.

Five years ago, Darcy first received the prophecy of the Six, which stated she and her friends would save the land of Alitheia from a shadowy foe. For five years, she hasn’t known what the end will look like, but she certainly didn’t expect this.

Thrust back into Alitheia through unexpected means, Darcy winds up alone, scared, and without her recent memory. As she struggles to regain her lost memories and reunite with the ones she loves, she pieces together the prophecies and the oracles to find they all converge into one story—a story that tells her just how much she’ll have to give to save both worlds, and everyone she loves.


My Review:

**Warning, this is a LONG review because I just couldn’t help it! I *think* I left out spoilers, but as with all reviews it is POSSIBLE that there may be something said that you did not know**
How do I even begin to express my thoughts on The Bone Whistle?!
This has been one of my favorite series of ALL TIME! I was a little skeptical at first, but that may have been because I was just beginning to get into reading books that weren’t traditionally published so it was a new experience for me… I mean a book I couldn’t purchase at my local Chapters? It made zero sense to me! (Don’t worry I have since wizened up and I am love ALL books regardless of how they are published and where they are sold)
So, let’s give this a shot shall we?
The Bone Whistle, it’s the last book in a FANTASTIC series surrounding the lives of typical teenagers who visit camp with their families each summer. When the series began they were 13, when the series ends they are in their 20s. I think the best part of this series, is that we really got to see each character grow as a person, I mean we basically lived the most formative years of a kids life with them you know?! The fact that they were immersed into a world full of magic and war, well that’s definitely going to have an effect on everyone. There were also so many unanswered questions I had after each book, so to read the final book, although bittersweet because I don’t want to say goodbye to anyone (especially my fave couple Darcy and Tellius) I was super excited to finally get all my questions answered!
About the Characters, I am going to give you my thoughts on the characters that always stood out for me in this series; I will try to keep each one short and sweet.
Darcy: I will be the first to admit that I was NOT a Darcy fan until probably the third or forth book, she always just rubbed me the wrong way and was too selfish and well just not a nice girl. But she definitely grew on me, and as she aged and matured I realized that I had to go through those rough awkward years in order to love her and cheer for her as much as I did to the very last page of The Bone Whistle.
Tellius: When we first met Tellius he was a spoiled royal on the run, he grew up into a man that loves like no other. I fell for Tellius a lot faster then I did Darcy, but their upbringing was totally different and Tellius HAD to grow up faster. I laughed with Tellius, I cringed, and I cried, I experienced everything with him… I would totally not be opposed to a novella on his experience of the events, not everything obviously but just the major points ;) *cough* K.B. Hoyle make it happen please *cough*
Sam: I liked Sam, I mean you really couldn’t help but like Sam, she was just that freaking sweet and sincere. She was a loyal and devoted friend and just to freaking cute.
Perry: Honestly? Perry was my least favorite of The Six, he was cocky and arrogant, and yea not my fave but he served his purpose well.
Louis: I loved him! He was such a cutie, but then again I tend to like the nerdy guys.
Amelia: She was a bit of a B**** but that was just the way she was, it wasn’t done to be mean. She was just a very straight forward this is how it is kind girl, which I totally appreciated because she was a very strong girl from the get go.
Dean: I still shake my head over Dean, I feel like we really got to know the other part of The Six, but Dean was always such a mystery and even now, after reading the whole series, I feel like I never knew him… but I don’t feel like I am missing a part of the Story
Yahto Veli: I loved Yahto Veli, he was a totally different character then I have ever read (probably because he was technically two people in one) But, I loved how right from the start he believed in Darcy and stood by her side to the very end.
Colin: Then there was Colin, I will admit, I held out hope for him from the very beginning, he was obviously a very confused kid and I wanted a happy ending for him…

Phew, ok, so those are some small thoughts on a few of the characters I feel played a big role in the story…

So, what are my final thoughts on The Bone Whistle? Well let me tell you… if was AMAZING! This is by far my favorite book in the series, each thread was tired up, I was left with no questions, however I still wanted MORE. I loved how it ended! It is so hard to put into words what I really thought when it’s a book that you really have to read to understand the full amount of thoughts and emotions that I experienced.

As I said at the beginning, this is probably my favorite series, and I will one day have these books on my bookshelf because I will totally need to re-read them all, I am sad that The Gateway Chronicles is over, but I was super impressed with how it ended! Thanks K.B. Hoyle for a FANTASTIC series, I will definitely be watching for your upcoming books!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search

Follow Me



Subscribe via Email

Enter your email address:

Grab My Button

Archives

Popular Posts

Powered by Blogger.

2015 Reading Challenge

Megan has not entered the 2015 Reading Challenge.